Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A great day in Salt Lake

On Friday June 4th, 2010 I took Travis and Kaden up to Salt Lake for Travs birthday! I was suppose to take Travis up on his birthday but I was sick and Travis insisted that we go a different day. So we talked Kaden into going with us. It took about two hours to talk him into going but he finally caved! :) I first took them to The Living Planet Aquarium in Sandy. it was fun.... Kind of lol. I think the best part of the Aquarium was the penguins! They were freaking awesome! Two penguins were running after each other slapping each other with their fins. And then the penguins jumped in the water all at the same time. I'm not sure how many their were. I think about 10 but it looked like there were 20 because they swim so fast! It was great! Penguins rock! We also got to pet the stingrays. They felt like sandpaper in some spots and slimy in others. I think without those to animals the aquarium would have been pretty boring. But we still managed to have fun.

After we went to the aquarium we went up to the Gateway Mall because Travis has never been there before! Crazy right!? We ate at Subway and I bought Travis and Kaden a shirt at Pacsun and me a shirt at Hollister. Then we decided to head home but what we didn't realize until we got onto the freeway was that we hit rush hour! It was horrible. We were getting no where! So we decided we would go to Ikea! I had never been there before and we didn't want to drive home during rush hour so we decided to waste some time. We had fun... For a while. until we got lost and it took us, well me!!!!, about an hour to find our way out. Travis thought he had to sit and lay on every couch and bed in the store. And Kaden had to get at least five pencils out of every little dispenser he could find! He ended up with I think 65 pencils!

Posted by PicasaWhat a great day in Salt Lake! :)

No comments: