Friday, November 28, 2008

Being a bridesmaid

Ceason Dorsey, soon to be Ceason Elder is getting married tomorrow. I have been friends with her sense the tenth grade. She asked me to be a bridesmaid and of course I said yes! I am super excited! But yet, sad at the same time. Ceason is one of my best friends and now she is getting married!!! Things are going to be so different, but I will have to get through it. Well, sense she is getting married tomorrow, I thought one of the things I would get her would be something from my heart, so I wrote her a poem.


The Future You Hold
By: Whitney Goodall
Our friendship started in science,
the chemistry we had.
Now two years have passed,
and I’m a little sad.
You’re off, you’re getting married,
to the man of your dreams.
To live the life you’ve been waiting for.
A life of joy it seems.
Your heart races with excitement,
the joy and comfort you hold inside.
To share with your loved one,
the man you can confide.
Of course there will be hard times,
but good times there are too.
Just remember my advice
when the hard times blow in,
to sit down by the fire place
and eat ice cream with him.
Ceason, you are one of my best friends.
I will always be here for you.
Just one thing to remember,
the Lord will be there too.

2 comments:

Rusti said...

you are an amazing writer! I love your poems! I agree with you, i was my sister's bridesmaid, and i felt the same way!

@nnie said...

whitney that's an amazing poem. you know that your friends (including myself:) ) are very very lucky to have you. you are the best friend a girl could ask for. never forget that. i love you :) and i always want to be your friend